Friday 24 July 2015

Fibromyalgia

Hi everyone

I have been diagnosed with Fybromyalgia and there is not a lot of people know what it is or how to manage the pain and all the other symptoms that go with it.  I must admit I had never heard of it till they were testing me for it and even then I didnt know how I was going to cope.  The Consultant advised me to join the support group and it took me  a while but I eventually went to a meeting and was glad I did.  I was made to feel welcome and there was lots of information in both literature form and from others experiences.

The group was told of an opportunity to do some light exercises with a personal trainer call Adam, which he has devoted his day off to do and at no cost for group members...WOW... and if that wasn't enough he has also managed to get a lovely lady in to give those in the group a massage at reduced rates to help get rid of some of those painful knots.  It doesn't matter if you cant join in the exercises, you can still book for a massage.

There are some amazing people out there who from their own personal experiences go out of their way to help others.

Adam is and I quote "putting together a two disk DVD, documenting his journey, educating, creating pain management routines and personal training those with the syndrome".



 photo signature_zps4c3189d2.png

No comments: